Saturday, January 31, 2015

Changing Host Families

A few weeks ago, I changed into my second host family. As a Rotary exchange student I have 3 different host families while I am abroad. Leaving my first host family was difficult because they had been with me since the beginning when I knew no Spanish and all of these Chilean customs were new to me. Living with a family for 5 months gives you a connection that you would never expect. I am so grateful for all of the experiences that they have given to me. I am so content and happy in my new family. I have an older sister who is 21 years old and my 2 parents. I am not sure I could be any happier. My experience with this family has been different from the first being that I could speak Spanish and make connections with this family so much easier. They take me on so many activities and I love spending time with them. They are so patient and lovely and always make sure I understand what they say. I love talking with my host mom and she is such an amazing teacher and I can ask her anything. I love my host sister, too. And my host father is just the best! Not much has happened since I last blogged... a new year started, I turned 17, Seahawks will be going to the Super Bowl, my best exchange friends went back to their countries. I love how life works! I think it is safe for me to say that this has been the best stage of my exchange. I can speaking Spanish (almost) fluently, making connections are easier, I understand directions and customs, and so on. I feel so well adjusted and at home here. Now I just need to continue making the next 5 months of my exchange unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment